Wanted : hydraulic cylinders / Indespension units

Looking for 4 hydraulic cylinders about 2" stroke and 2 1/2" to 3"
diameter, what have you ?
Failing that looking for some hydraulic tube to make four off,
Anyone got any lengths of top section tipper ram kicking about?
Second item is four Indespension units, preferably with brakes and hubs
rated at 1,000kg each unit.
Willing to accept non braked units to fit different brakes hubs etc....
I need the separate units, can't accept a tube axle.
--
Regards,
John Stevenson
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
Reply to
John Stevenson
Might be worth a word with your local mobile hydraulic hose supplier, he would know of anyone with odds and ends knocking about.
Same with cylinder repairers, they often have information on unused stocks...
Peter
Peter A Forbes
Whats this, John? Putting yer workshop on a trailer??
Regards, Tony
Reply to
Tony Jeffree
John Stevenson writes in search of bits..........
What on earth are you up to this time John? It sounds like a four ton trailer with levelling system. Could it be for an 'ack ack' gun?
As an aside, and I don't want to sound obvious, but I think the top section of a tipping gear ram would not be internally machined. Don't know.
Mike
Reply to
Mike Whittome
They are machined/swaged/polished all the way through then cut to length and end welded on.
Ask John to describe the boring machine - they are impressive! -- Steve Blackmore
Reply to
Steve Blackmore
It's for a display trailer where it jacks it's self up, the suspension is removed en-block , both sides and it lowers down to floor level and unfolds. The idea is to get it so there are no steps or safety issues.
You are right about the top section Mike. I really meant the last top internal section of ram. I used to have access to plenty of these years ago and made plenty of parts out of them. They are only polished from drawn tube and unlike most rams are not machined but for the relatively low pressure for an hydraulic circuit needed. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
Reply to
John Stevenson
Hi
Look at
and type in hydraulic cylinders the reading will keep yoou occupied for a few days.
Reply to
clive