Warco VMC question

Hi,
I've got a Warco VMC and the head on this tilts and swivels. I can understand the use of the head being able to tilt (left and right) but what earthly use is
it for it to be able to swivel around on its column ?
Just curious,
--
Boo

My FB2 also has tilts and swivels, though I have never had the need to use them. However, ISTM that swivel would be required if you wish to use power feed (usually only available on the x-axis) with the head tilted, for example to cut a keyway with a slitting saw or a deep slot on an angled surface. In effect, this combination of movements converts a vertical mill into a (rather flimsy) horizontal one.
Of course, there has to be enough room behind the mill to do this - mine hasn't, which is one reason I don't do it...
David
--
David Littlewood

OK, I never thought of combining the two axes at the same time. As you say, it would be a little flimsy though.
Thanks,
--
Boo