Way Covers

Yesterday I was milling a bit of gauge plate for a fixture, travesing back and forth on the Y axis because of the setup, when I noticed the table getting a bit stiffer to move. I loosened off the locking screws a bit but it made no difference, so I looked down at the ways.

Aaarrrgghhh!!! Useless bloody chinese way-wipers hadn't worked and swarf had got between the table and knee and left some nasty scores and pits. I cleaned it up and stoned the worst of it off so i could finish the job but now I've got to strip it all down to try and make a better job of the fix.

Taking the knee off and getting the ways hard chromed is not a route that I really want to go down (yet!), so does anyone know where I can get some some reasonably priced way covers for the machine?

It's the Warco VMC mill, and whilst the flimsy bit of PVC sheet hanging over the back of the ways seems to work ok-ish, its the front of the knee that needs protection. Any ideas?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill