Way OT. Vinyl to PC

Back in the late 70s early 80s, I had an Amstrad TP12D (don't laugh..) turntable. Slim belt drive thing with a tripoidal turntable, on a black ash base, with a small circular rocker switch in the corner.

Very good looking thing it was, and worked well too. I hear they fetch a lot of money these days.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

What's a 'Tripoidal' turntable?

I keep tripping over the air pump for a 'Groovac' vacuum record cleaner, must have cost someone a penny or two (not me, I got it with a s/h turntable). That's also on offer. Probably have the arm somewhere, can't promise.

I'm hanging on to the turntable for a bit longer, though.

Tim

Reply to
Tim L

The turntable platter had 3 sculpted legs, or arms more correctly I suppose, and was diecast aluminium. Tripoidal was how they described it back then, sounded and looked very high-tech.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

An Emule search for "Quintetto Boccherini" give 50 results.

Something like this: Luigi Boccherini - Quintetto VI in C major G418- Variazioni sulla ritirata notturna di Madrid.mp3 ?

AC

Reply to
AC

On or around Sun, 25 Jan 2009 09:38:54 +0100, Donald enlightened us thusly:

same here. turntable into amp, ideally, your amp will have a line out, but if not use the headphone socket and adjust volume as appropriate to get a sensible signal.

In my case, the PC line out is connect to the amp's line in, as the CD player that's in the same stack as the amp has an issue with its suspension, so I use the CDDVD drive on the computer as a CD player.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

That ain't Schubert.

Again, right band, wrong tune.

Thanks anyway

Tim

Reply to
Tim L

Yeah maybe.

But that is one example of 50. I don't know anything about this artist or the work, I just searched on what seemed like the key words. If you look, you may well find what you are looking for. I wasn't trying to find your tunes for you, just point you in a possibly successful direction.

AC

Reply to
AC

I appreciate that, thankyou. There doesn't *seem* to me to be anything in that direction matching what I was after.

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim L