Weird question:- Anybody set up for making OO scale rolling stock?

I had a request at work today, to see if I could find anyone that could assemble+paint /manufacture London Underground train sets from available brass etchings and motorised bogies?

It appears that the company are looking at getting a few sets of representative Northern Line and Jubilee line train sets for training purposes on a layout to simulate switching and operation. Probably a total of four three car sets initially.

John Polley of

has made underground trainset models and has brass etchings for same, but apparently he's having some issues with manufacture at the moment.

There would be remuneration involved!

I'd be tempted to have a go myself, but It's not something I'm familiar with.

It might all come to nothing, but I promised that I would ask in "the community"

Regards Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I could be wrong,but looking on his website it looks like the existing manufacture is outsourced to India,if that's the case I doubt the job would pay very well in the UK.

The construction of brass etched parts means soldering and/and or supergluing the parts together.

Allan

Reply to
Allan Waterfall