Wheel Adaptors for Grinder

My T&C grinder has a very odd wheel arbour (20mm male spigot with
16mmx1.5 thread) and even the UK distributor doesn't have any arbours
so I'll have to make some.
Clearly concentricity is a key attribute and I can handle that. What
I'm curious about is the best wheel holding design. The one that I
have has a very odd disc with a slit that I've never seen before.
Has anyone else made wheel arbours - what did you do? What's the
standard form?
And if anyone has a single loose Coventry die with a 1.5mm pitch I
need one to make an external threading tool and would be happy to part
with a small amount of cash!
Thanks
Charles
Reply to
Charles Ping
What does this slit disc do? My Ward grider has a disc nut to hold the wheel on, this has a slit portion with a socket csk screw to clamp it up, so as to lock the nut in place. This is needed because the spindle is reversible. I don't think the 'arbour' is removable in this case - I've always assumed it isn't
I'll have a look tomorrow - the workshop is closed for the night
Cheers Tim
Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock
timleech
I guess that it's to "interfere" with the thread and therefore lock it but there's no screw or whatever - and the spindle isn't reversible!
Ta
Charles
Reply to
Charles Ping
Maybe (If the slit is similar to that on mine) it's so that it can be crushed slightly so as to make a sort of 'stiff nut' - so the wheel won't undo itself when the motor is switched off?
Sorry, no luck.