viceroy taper turning attachment wanted

Hi, I'm looking for a taper turning attachment to suit the Denford Viceroy lathe. Anybody got one they don't want? (I suspect I know the answer to that- there don't seem to be many Viceroys about). I've looked on Chris Heapy's site.

Having seen one, it doesn't look impossible to make- the saddle on my machine is the correct shape to be tapped for the guide rod. Am I right in thinking the springs need to be pretty strong?

Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard Evans

Wanna turn tapers?

Buy any of the cheap Chinese import lathes!

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Might be worth looking through the smaller dealers websites or phoning, very often these turn up unexpectedly, but an advert on Chris' site will do more good than just looking, and it's free.

two examples

Peter

Peter A Forbes

If you're thinking of making one, it might be worth asking Denfords if they can supply a drawing. I had a Viceroy a few years ago, they were very helpful over drawings for an imperial screwcutting conversion kit for a metric lathe. ISTR there was a charge, but fairly modest. I think there have been some changes at Denfords since then, but no harm in asking.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock

timleech

Thanks Tim and Peter, Richard