Taper Attachment

I have a clausing model 5914 with a taper attachment. I am not clear how to set it up. The first thing I need to know is how do I hold the tapper bar in place as the tool post moves along the way. Any additional help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Reply to
debsmith

I'd suggest you get the manual if someone with this exact machine doesn't chime in.. Available here:

Taper attachments all work about the same, you release a bolt holding the cross slide in place on the carriage. Then tighten a bolt holding the cross slide to the taper attachment. Last there will be a clamp that holds the taper attachment from moving up/down the ways.

I use the taper attachment 1/year and I have to pull the manual down every time. I've got CRS (can't remember ...)

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Clausing should still be able to supply the manual for that - probably $5 or $10.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

Reply to
Tom Wait

Tom,

I'm almost positive that Clausing sells the taper attachment (only) manual separately and certain that it will be less than $25 - probably more like $5 or $10. The lathe manual itself does run $25, at least as of a few years ago, and contains quite a bit of useful info but I don't think that they come with instructions for the TA. If the OP orders a manual, there is a good chance that Clausing will throw in a few accessory manuals for free, or at reduced cost. Couldn't hurt to ask, anyway.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry