Which grinder to keep?

Would an old 504 surface grinder be better to keep rather than an old Studer
surface grinder which as of yet, has not been tested?
I refer mainly to the mechanical factory build quality at this stage, until
the Studer is tested and measured. ( we are likening this to cars, a Ford
for example compared to a Mercedes )
When I can master how to post a link to a photo, I will update this
question.
Bob
Reply to
Emimec
To my knowledge, a Studer is not just the Mercedes*) but the Rolls Royce.
*
) Ignoring the fact that Mercedes now is the Robin.
Nick
Reply to
Nick Mueller
Thanks I should have said when referring to Mercedes I meant the last of the great Mercs, the 124 series, not today's crap. However, I have at long last managed to get a photo of the machine and post it on a readable web site.
snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com/detail?.dir=3b8cre2&.dnm=812fre2.jpg&.src=ph
I can get the machine for free, the bit that worried me was the owner said they are getting rid off it because they have a better one, of which I have no knowledge as to make. I already have a J & S 504 which is old but does work in all aspects, hence my question. Bob
Reply to
Emimec
We use that metafor too. But ...
And you have enough room? I wouldn't hesitate a minute.
What's better for them? More automatic -feed -spark out? DRO? Preciser? CNC? Diaform?
Then I would go there, compare functionality, take a precise ruler with you and a dial indicator and compare how well it works compared to yours.
Nick
Reply to
Nick Mueller