Woking Precision Models - RIP

I have just been cursing Microsoft because every time I click on my link to Woking Precision Models I end up at Hemingway Kits - I assumed it was a screw up in properties of my shortcuts - but I discover that it is because Hemingway kits have taken them over.

I guess you expert modeller types already know this, but just in case...I wonder if the full range will be kept or whether some tool or engine kits will cease ?

Steve Richardson

Reply to
Steve

Why not ask Hemmingway?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Hemmingway have built up quite a respectable business with quality kits for tooling. A press release in one of the model mags ..... forgotten which and I can't find it .... said they would maintain the complete range of the Woking catalogue. Of course time will tell. A little sad as I still have the drawings for the Sea Lion that I intended to build as a teenager ........ now when was that ? where's the senility pills dear?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Marshall

Spoke to Kirk at Hemingway last week. They are certainly going to kee

the IC stuff, most steam and the Potts tooling, plus anything els interesting or unusual. They haven't bought it to asset strip it there are no real assets to sell except the drawings and castings, s they will mostly carry on as before

-- Myford Mat

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myford Matt's Profile:

this thread:

Myford Matt

I know the feeling! As a teenager, I wanted to build the Basset-Lowke 0-6-0. The cost of castings and shipping to the west coast of Canada killed it. I still have a general arrangement drawing. At the time, the exchange rate was over 3 Canadian dollars to the pound!

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

Because I didn't expect them to be open on Sunday, and I wanted to make sure others were aware this takeover had happened as it had not been mentioned on the Newsgroup.

Their web page says that many of the workshop accessory kits will be added to the Hemingway range, but they do not list which and they provide a link to the Woking models page that goes straight to the Hemingway page again.

I was watching the Potts milling spindle on eBay as it went past the =A3300 mark and wondering how much the kit was, and what was in it. I have e-mailed them to find out.

Steve

Reply to
Steve