Workshops

I should be moving house in about a months time (if all the legal stuff goes OK) which, of course, means a new workshop. It is a good sized double garage, with two separate up & over doors. I intend to seal one of the doors, leaving one that can be opened so I can get a car into the workshop to work on if necessary. This gives me all the rest of the space to play with. I have some ideas in my mind about where tools, workbenches, etc. will be going but I would like any suggestions (or potential pitfalls to avoid). Any tips would be helpful, or even suggestions for "essential" items that I should be filling the space with.

Regards

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

I would forget the idea of allowing space to get a car in. Then you'll have enough space for a Really Useful Workshop.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock

timleech

But that space is also large enough to house a casting area with my furnace & casting boxes, or layout large items to weld up, or lots of other tasks that require some floor space. Or, of course, I could give in to temptation and buy some large industrial machine that was just too cheap to resist

Regards

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

It will be too small. I don't care how big the garage is it will be too small.

nth corollary of Sods Law, the space required for any workshop is greater than the space available

Reply to
Henry Springer

As far as I can tell, the space needed is proportional to the cube of the number of machines you have...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree