950k PMMA in dichloromethane?

Hi folks, I want to spin coat a substrate with 950k PMMA. My problem is that I can bake to no more than 100ºC and this is the reason I can't use the commercial PMMA diluted in chlorobenzene or anysol. I have found that dichloromethane is a good solvent for PMMA and with a low boiling point (40C). The question is if this solvent, the dichloromethane, will cut the chains of the PMMA giving a lower MW PMMA (unwanted) or if it will keep the original lenght of the PMMA?

Thank you very much in advance.

Manuscha

Reply to
Manuel

Dichloromethane will not cut the PMMA chain, and even if there will be a small amount of HCl generated by the decomposition of dichloromethane, the HCl will not cleave the PMMA chain. But, will the HCl attack your substrate or do other damage?

Regards,

Ernie

Reply to
Ernie

Ernie, thanks a lot for your reply. Dichloromethane is extendely used as PMMA remover after e-beam lithography process. So I guess if any HCl present due to the decomposition of dichloromethane won't damage the substrate. What do you think? Manuscha

Reply to
Manuel