coating for aluminum coffee pot

I've a cast aluminum expresso maker that is pretty badly corroded inside. It imparts a metallic taste to the coffee.
Is there a commercial product can I use to coat the interior that will
not impart a taste? It must be able to wihtstand multiple exposures to boiling water.
Would a typical 400-450F powder coating work?
Dave
snipped-for-privacy@newarts.com wrote:

Uhh, and where did all that aluminium go? As aluminum has been tenuously implicated in Alzheimer's Disease, we avoid aluminum pots and the like for safety's sake. We do our cooking in stainless, ironware, enamelware, or teflon coated aluminum.
Al
Al wrote:

AFAIK, its been de-linked - using data from areas like mine in the Northern UK where the naturally very soft water contains LOTS of aluminium - with no excess incidence of AZ compared to areas with zero aluminium water.
Cremations round here get weighed in at the scrap yard afterwards....
Steve
Steve Taylor wrote:

don't think so. i was room mates with a doctor researching az in dialysis patients. he was able to conclusively link the incidence of az in those that had dialysis in high aluminum water areas [where the dialysis water/membrane was allowing reverse aluminum into the blood stream] compared to those that didn't. reducing the dialysis water aluminum content in otherwise high aluminum areas reduced incidence.
jim beam wrote:

I thought that was the original source of the idea, and had been discounted by the unnatural access method for the aluminium ?
Who knows ? This is a materials group not a human physiology group !
Steve