ABS and HIPS

Hi to all,

I don't manage to find on the web the chemical way to synthetize ABS: is here any of oyu who can tell me if it is radical anionic or cationic? is there an order to start the synthesis ? (for ex: before Acrylonitrile then polystyrene and then butadiene?) how is the copolymer I obtain? (graft block statistic?) what about HIPS too?

thank you very much. I wait for an oyur answer,

Andrea

Reply to
Beda

Most likely free radical emulsion polymerization. Good idea to check patent literature. Should be plenty of recipes. Could be batch, staged batch or continous depending on blockiness desired. Frank

Reply to
Frank