Bonding FKM gaskets for high temperature use

Hallo,
has anyone here an idea what adhesives could be appropriate for bonding
fluorocarbon rubber gaskets?
The bond should withstand 160 Degree Celsius (320 Degree Fahrenheit).
thanks in advance,
Volker
Reply to
Volker Borst
David Zopf schrieb:
Thank you. But I think UV-curing is out of the question since FKM gaskets are often filled (e.g. carbon black or barium sulfate) thus not permeable for UV.
Volker
Reply to
Volker Borst
I was thinking more about their cyanoacrylate line... Maybe a UV PSA would do the trick. What sort of bond strengths do you need? (and would you test at your limit temperature?)
Regards, R. David Zopf
Reply to
David Zopf
Hi David,
No. The bonds should withstand 168 hours storage in mineral oil at 160 degree C and are tested at room temperature. Strength should be about 1.5 MPa (210psi). I don't know any cyanoacrylate that stand these temperatures.
Volker
Reply to
Volker Borst
You ought to consider VITON(R)-based adhesive "Pelseal PLV 2100"
.. go to
for more info
"Volker Borst" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40c5cd58$ snipped-for-privacy@news.fhg.de...
Reply to
Rolf Wissmann
there are some other questions:
what type of gasket is it, static or dynamic, what will be the other material for the bonding? will it only be used at 150°C or up from room temperature? how will the gasket be mounted?
how long should the adhesive work?...
How many Parts?
Perhaps special hotmelts (perhaps from Sarna Xiro) will work
with some FKM did seeral types of loctite work, they have one special type (850?) modified with NBR, this could be a solution
everal epoxys can be a solution....
the application leads here to a solution! Talk with the supplier of the gaskets (you bought some cheap ones from far east... so you have to pay the proce later....) and talk to the suppliers of adhesives... If it is a taylor made applicaton, tolk to both as soon as possible...
3M is very good in adhesives, even so loctite... DELO
has in my oppinion one of the best application servises Vantico, even as UHU are good, perhaps Baiersdorf with the TESA produts could fit the problem
two years ago every of these Companies had solutions for bonding FKM uü to 150°C, but no one had a solution to solve the problem I worked on...
nowaday I knpew the solution o the problems i had this time....
Michael I am not a bug I am a undocumented feature
Reply to
Michael Erwerle
have some fun... the additives in the oil will kill most adhesives 1500000 Pa that are 15 bar so the forces are not to big...
so try hot melt foils ask Sarna Xiro...
Or ask TESA for an adgesive tape...
Michael
I am not a bug I am a undocumented feature
Reply to
Michael Erwerle

Site Timeline