Looking for info on OKK MHA-400 CNC mill

Hi everyone.

Can anyone help me find information on a Japanese OKK MHA-400 CNC milling machine?

Aside from the very rudimentary information, I have not had any success locating any data about this equipment.

I'm considering buying one of these. It is in excellent condition (looks like it is brand new just out of the box) but is a very early

80's vintage. This makes me concerned about what kind of tolerances it can support. On the plus side, it is located in Thailand (where I am located) and that saves me from alot of expensive shipping and import duties. I have talked with others selling a similar machine for about $25,000 US. This seems high to me, but can anyone suggest a price that would be reasonable for a machine more than 20 years old? I need to make an offer on it and am trying to get an idea of what would be appropriate.

Has anyone ever used one of these? Can you comment on its capabilities? Any outstanding drawbacks? I must admit I am very ignorant of this brand. Can anyone tell me what kind of tolerances I can expect to achieve with it?

Has anyone ever seen a manual for this? The seller doesn't have one, and even if he could get a copy it would be in Japanese. (Not particularly useful for me.)

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Charles Fatmhan

Reply to
Charles Fatmhan

Machineman

Sounds about right, Mistubishi Meldas controller.

Nice machines--Ole Ray had two of em ~ 1980 /1981........

Not sure I would pay much more than a few hundred bucks for one without documents and an assurance spare parts would be readily available first though.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT