crystal polystyrene

Hello,

Does anyone know whether GPPS(produced by bulk polymerization)is a newtonian fluid or not? Till now ,I've thought that all polymers are non-newtonian!but recently I've studied some papers about crystal polystyrene and in all of them being a newtonian fluid is one the assumptions considered for writing the momentum balance.

thanks in advance, Padideh

Reply to
padideh

It most certainly is non-Newtonian.

There may be some good reasons that the papers you are reading are making a simplification to that (a limited range of shear rates for instance, or a first pass effort to see if qualitatively the model is working and then the secondary effects will be added later, or ...). I really can't say until I see the papers myself.

John Aspen Research, -

"Turning Questions into Answers"

john.spevacek

At lower concentrations polymer tends to be non-newtonian..

Nilesh...

Reply to
Nilesh