Drying of Alkyd

I have been working on a long oil alkyd for the past few months. The problem i am facing is that when i replaced a two pack dryer containing ,,part 1 - 10% Ca & Part 2 - 9% Zr + 7 % Co with a single pack containing 5% Ca, 4.5% Zr & 3.5% Co the drying characteristics of the resin has changed and is leading to long drying time. Is anyone in this group aware of compatibility issues in metal dryers of the above mentioned nature.

Also, I have been testing drying time characteristics of a custom made long oil alkyd resin from a manufacturer using the above mentioned single pack dryer. In conjunction with the manufacturer I have been trying to get a resin which can suit to this dryer. The manufacturer claims that its not possible to make such a long oil alkyd which can suit the above mentioned metal content and give good drying time. As i am not knowledgable in polymers. Can You comment on this??

Reply to
abhijit.baruah.1