PET data

Hi,

Does anyone know any web site where I can find the DTA and the TGA graphs for PET thermoplastic?

Regards,

Edward

Reply to
helpgreenlanka

A quick Google-Search on "PET DSC TGA scans" brought up the links listed below. There is more data to find at DSC & TGA equipment manufacturer internet sites (Perkin Elmer, Mettler, etc.). Another source for specific grades of PET are PET-suppliers ...

DSC & TGA of PET

----------------------------

DSC of PET

---------------

Hi,

Reply to
Rolf Wissmann

Thanks a lot Rolf,

I really admire your sence of generousity. Thanks again for your help. This helped me a lot.

Regards, Edward

Reply to
helpgreenlanka

Excellent sites Rolf.

Are you aware of any thermal analysis studies of heat set and non-heat set polypropylene , nylon and PET fibers showing the affects on annealing of the fibers? I would have thought this information would be available some where.

JW

Reply to
magicjoe

Hi JW,

suggest you read the following two articles:

and that you also try to get your hands on some of the references mentioned in there ...

additi> Excellent sites Rolf.

Reply to
Rolf Wissmann

Rolf: Many thanks for these three websites. I had to do some additional digging and sent a note to the Textile Research Journal to see if they have any more information on the subject.

Clearly the industry needs to have a quick method to differentiate if a fiber has been tentered and heat set properly. Hopefully I will get more information on this subject to pass on to the group.

Again many thanks for your help Most appreciated.

Kind Regards Joe

Reply to
magicjoe

Joe,

I am not into polymer fibers, so I don't know about the specific industry need for a "quick method", but what's wrong with DSC/TMA/DMA techniques like mentioned here (for example) ->

or would you consider those test methods as "too slow"?

Rolf

magicjoe wrote:

Rolf Wissmann