Foam Insulation Equip. Recommendations?

Does anybody have a recommendation on where to get equipment to do foam insulation? Polyisocyanurate would probably be best, but I'm open to other foams. I would use it to retrofit older houses that currently just have nothing but cavities in the exterior walls. Ideally, I'd like a setup sized for a small contractor.

I'm in Kansas City, and it would be nice to have a supplier here, but I expect the company would be outside of this area.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

Sir,

Reply to
Art Yokell

- Art Yokell -

- Nehmo - Thanks. Gusmer (with only one ?s?), and apparently it?s associated with Greco as they call themselves ?Greco Gusmer?. The setup they have portrayed here is very cool:

might want more than I can afford, though.

It doesn't disturb me because I've never had an easy business, but I'd like you to elaborate: why do you say it is not an easy business?

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

The two components "A" (the Isocyanate) and "B" the (Polyol) are mixed in proper proportions in the spray gun. the "A" component on its own is material that should not be breathed in at all. It also crystalyzes on contact with moisture from the air. If your equipment is not cared for properly you can have clogged nozzles and seized pumps. Connections are a royal pain to undo and redo. A true fresh air breathing apparatus must be used by the operator and no persons should be permitted in the area while the work is being done or until the areas are completely clear of any fumes. The "A" component should be kept under a blanket of dry nitrogen to prevent moist air from coming in contact with it. If this is not done you will have consant problems with strainers becoming clogged and pumps that don't work properly.

I was in the Urethane industry for many years and chose not to be involved with the spray application other than ffor material supply. I sold and installed in plant machinery for filling cavities and for molding of decorative furniture components and ome Architectural items.

Whatever you decide to do I wish you the best of luck. Please read every thing you can get your hands on about personal safety should you decide to do this. Do not get the "A" component on your hands if you can avoid it. It will turn your skin black and take weeks to get rid of. If I can help with any specific info regarding the uses you are planning please feel free to ask.

Reply to
Art Yokell

Just curious, Nehmo, but what do you plan to tell the home owners/buyers when they complain about the highly unpleasant monomer that off gasses from these walls for the next year or so?

Will by be finalcially responsible for their health problems and possibly environmental clean up of the houses? Richard

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
Art Yokell

- Richard -

- Nehmo ? What gas from which foam are you talking about?

- Richard ?

- Nehmo ? Unless someone has some unusual allergy, I don?t imagine there would be any health problems for someone dwelling in the structure. I was considering polyisocyanurate, and I?m not aware of any health problems associated with that polymer. If you have some information or a reference, please contribute; I?ll look at it.

However, I do recognize that during the product application, there is significant chemical danger to the workers. I would take the standard precautions.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev