Hassium atoms can improve polymers!

Scientists recently reported that 1 Hassium atom in a carbon-based polymer can enhance the durability by 300%.
Further research is necessary now, but soon Hassium-enhanced polymers
will be available.

Boy, I hope Uncle Al sees this and responds ;) Frank

Karl-Hugo Weesberg, it would be nice to have more information and tell us where to find the data.
Let's assume for now that the report is correct, one Hassium atom per chain indeed improves durability 300%. My first thought was, no way, but then I realized that durability can mean many things, wear and friction, flex life of fiber, tensile strength, hydrolysis resistance, etc. If the Hassium serves as a nucleation site and increases the polymer's crystallinity, there can be very large changes in properties.
But, until we see more data, the story could be nothing more than hype!
Regards,
Ernie

Since Hassium has a half life of 2.0 millisecond, and is only generated in nuclear reactors , it will be quite a challenge to get it into any polymer before it decays.

till now ist was only generated in Accelerrator Experiments AFAIK first time at the GSI, Darmstadt, Hessen in germany...
Michael I am not a bug I am a undocumented feature

in
polymer
time at

Which is why I wanted Uncle Al to respond. He would have put this a-hole in his place ;) Frank

on April 1. two or three years ago one of our chemicist ordered am kg un un unium (111) and our purchasing department tried to order ist by the GSI... it wos realy funny ;-)
perhaps someone tried it now with Hassium and someone tried to give us new information...
Michael I am not a bug I am a undocumented feature