non-aqueous solvent for electrolyte

Hello.

I have to use electrolyte such as (sodium dodecyl sulfate) or (tetramethylammonium chloride) for some experiments with polymers but I just have few knowlewdge about chemisrty and i don't kwon where I can get some information.

thank for your answer.

best regard.

Sebastien.

Reply to
sebastien

In biochemistry, it is typical to perform an electrolytic analysis on biopolmers in an excess of SDS. Google "SDS PAGE".

Reply to
raconte

I'm pretty sure that the SDS will solubilize in an alcohol, not as sure about the TMAC. The degree of ionization will be significantly less than in water.

John

Reply to
John Spevacek