Barometric Pressure Sensor

I want to make my robots sensitive to weather conditions. Humidity and
temperature sensors are well covered on the Internet, but I am not
finding much information about barometric pressure sensors. Any
suggestions on specific barometric pressure sensors or on how to roll
my own?
Thanks in advance,
J Wolfgang Goerlich
Reply to
jwgoerlich
Barometric pressure sensors are pressure sensors. They're all over the place. Digikey is one source. Google has a zillion more.
Mitch Berkson
Reply to
Mitch Berkson
You want an 'absolute' pressure sensor (as opposed to 'gauge' or 'differential' pressure). The former type contain a vacuum reference on one side of the pressure diaphram. For ambient air, a silicon diaphram type is fine.
One inexpensive choice might be the Motorola MXM2102A 0-100kPa, but it needs a 10V supply and an amplifier. The MPX6115A is 15-115kPa, runs off a 5V supply and the output can go right into a 0-5VDC uP ADC. It's around $18 one-off, more than double the price, but still not bad.
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany
Hello,
if you don't want to use a discrete device, where you have to build a circuit arround, you can also use automotive pressure sensors. These devices are named MAP - or BAP - Sensors. For your issue BAP - Sensors are the most suitable ones. I know that Nissan uses such devices. They have the benefit, that they are well tested on outdoor conditions. For pricing information you can ask every Nissan garage
Reply to
Michael Velle
You might want to look at the MPX4115 sensor. There are several projects on the Internet that use this sensor; search for MPX4115 or barometer/altimeter.
Reply to
Alan Holt
has some at the higher end - even if they are too much for your project you could compare to their specs
Reply to
George