Pressure sensor help

Hello everyone, I am looking for a preesure sensor to measure the in vivo growth pressure. My background is medical so i don't know anything about
electronics (SORRY). The sensor is going to be connected to a wireless transmitter (V-Link from microstrain). The Manufacturer recommends that the sensor has four ends (Sens+, Sens-, Sensore power and ground), the supply voltage is 3.6 VDC. we need the sensor thickness to be less than 4 mm. price is not an issue. Can anyone help me with that. Thx

I have built strain guages for medical before. A resistive element is usually used on top of a metal strip.I used a 2 legged gage from Kyowa about 16 years ago. You can build up the extra resistors or just use another gage for the 4 legged design. The gage should match the metal used for optimum performance. The distributor Digi-Key may have suitable gages. I don't have time right now.
The gage I have here is 1 mm in length and a lot less in the other demensions.
greg

Need more info. Pressure? Movement? How would you interface this setup. Tubing, wires?
I have just used these...... http://www.edwards.com/products/pressuremonitoring/truwave.htm
greg
Thanks for help I am planning to implant the sensor at the interface between nasal cartilage and nasal bone in a pig. then i'll connect the sensor using wires to a wireless transmitter (V-link from microstrain) that is place on the pig back, it will transmitt real time data to a computer measuring the pressure created by cartilage on bone, and the pressure change by time. For this i have to follow the specification of the V-link manufacturer. I was wondering if we can contact by email so i can send you the electrical diagram of the sensor iam looking for, My email is snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Thanks in advance GregS wrote:

Ayman wrote:

Ayman wrote:

Interesting project.
Looking at the V-Link unit, seems pretty well made. http://www.microstrain.com/2400sg-link_specs.aspx
The inputs Sens+ Sens- Pwr Gnd seems like a pretty straight forward bridge.
What help do you need? Finding a sensor? Hooking it up? Data transfer? or what?
Are you keeping these pigs separated? Otherwise, one is sure to "eat" the wireless unit off the back of another.
Aside. As a kid some 40+ years ago, I used to take apart TV's by hand to recover usable parts. Living on the farm, I was very pleased when my dad pulled up a hog shed to be my "private laboratory" where I sorted and kept my hard won prizes of various resistors, capacitors, coils, tubes, etc. (TV's were often "hand crafted" back then, and you could unwind parts from the terminal strips they were soldered to, and get a used, but serviceable part. Well, eventually the inevidible happened given the location and previous used of my lab. The pigs broke in. Mostly they ate all my hard won prizes, and trampled anything not otherwise immediately appetizing. I was very upset I'd lost my treasure trove of exotic parts accumulated from a dozen old radios and TV's. My dad was very happy we didn't loose any pigs. It's taken many years to gain perspective, but now I'm glad we didn't loose any pigs as well, such were my humble beginnings.
Beleive me on the difficulty of keeping anything electronic and a pig in close proximity, I have first hand experience.
-- Randy M. Dumse www.newmicros.com Caution: Objects in mirror are more confused than they appear.
Ayman wrote:

There are various sensors available through http://www.mouser.com , among others, with links to datasheets and manufacturers' websites.
Good luck.