Noob help please with remote pan controller

Hello group,
I'm a hardware hacker from way back starting with the Amiga and recently decided to get back into tinkering with electronics. I have bought a PIC
programmer and have just started to learn PICBASIC.
Anyway, I've made a pan controller for a wireless weatherproof cameraout of salvaged parts from a scanner, a floppy drive and a homebrew 555 circuit to provide the signal for the servo controller. This is all working OK with two buttons to control left and right and could easily be interfaced to a PC parallel port by controlling the output state of the pins. That part I have no problem with.
Now, I want to interface this to a PC parallel port to control direction but with a simple web interface so I can control the pan remotely but since hardware is my forte and coding is not, I would like to know what would be the easiest way to achieve this.
My controlling PC is needs to be an old laptop running Win98 which is connected to the www through a router and my webpage will be on my providers site. Assuming I get this up and running, I aim to expand on this project.
I would be grateful for any suggestions that could point me in the right direction :-)
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 18:39:52 +0800, "Klompmeester"

Really all you need is a webserver like apache to do the cgi work and notepad. Below are some info pages I have (the demo computers have generally died over the years, but the info is still there) for doing simple web based parallport read/write control over the internet.

Where?
Thanks for your help.
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:40:11 +0800, "Klompmeester"

OOPS!
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/status.htm http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ppswitcher.htm http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/files/zoomkat-lpt.txt

You are grossly too over qualified to be a noob.
Joe Dunfee

Thanks :-)
I'm OK with hardware but not very good with network and internet related stuff, that was the noob bit I was referring to ;-)