Polyester washfastness

Dupont and Shell Chemicals claim that Polytrimethylene Terephtalate (Sorona or Corterra) have "an excellent washfastness".

Can anyone explain me why?

Thank you very much for your attention!

Best Regards:

Nuno Formiga

Reply to
Nuno Formiga

Personally, I'd say ho hum to this new fiber. Shell write-up tells me that it has no real advantage over PET:

're also talking carpets and in my opinion PET carpets are crap compared to nylon. Supposed ecological advantage of the 3G glycol is probably mostly hype. Next thing you know they will recommend we use cotton - whose ecological advantage is pure BS. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

Dupont and Shell Chemicals claim that Polytrimethylene Terephtalate (Sorona

resistant to ozone and uv and this is necessary for lightfastness in these cheap spunbonded fibers. LIke many discoveries in chemistry I feel Sontara was a byproduct of a reaction go awary.

Joe

Reply to
Reynoldsjoe1