PVC solvents

Are there any good solvents for PVC? I would like to be able to dissolve it with the same ease as polystyrene in acetone. I am kinda interested in using it for casting. What would be the maximum thickness sheet one could reasonably cast using dissolved plastics? Thanks, Sean O'Connor

Reply to
Lemon Tree

PVC is soluble in tetrahydrofuran (THF) and 1,2-dichloroethane. Can't help you with the thickness question.

Reply to
Englishmystic