secondary electron mfp in PMMA

I have tried to find the mean free path for low energy electrons (e.g. secondaries with < 100 eV energy) in PMMA or other polymers in the literature, but the results seem to scattered across different studies using different radiation (e.g., X-rays, electrons) or are concentrated mainly in higher electron energies or different substances, primarily metals. I can only make an indirect inference, but would prefer a direct confirmation. It seems there has to be a study of this done somewhere. Can anyone point me to a reference? Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

FC

Reply to
FC

I believe Shipley made an e-beam lithography resist from PMMA. Perhaps they could tell you.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Thanks, a free database is always handy. I was hoping to get data down to 1 eV, and was particularly interested in the 3-5 eV region which corresponds to bond scission. A number of independent references I have already looked at (which I would be happy to discuss with anyone interested) indicate a number around 20 nm for this energy range.

Reply to
FC

Jim,

Thanks for the suggestion. I already contacted Shipley for the information. I also received a suggestion to use a free NIST database (see other thread with same title today) but it seems that it will only go down to 50 eV.

Reply to
FC

After I posted, I realized that it would probably be a longshot. A 10kv electron beam was pretty much standard back when I knew something about that stuff. Pretty far from where you're at. Another longshot might be Bell Labs literature from 1970-

1980. They did all the e-beam lithography research and licensed the technology to everyone else.
Reply to
Jim Stewart

I stumbled across this today while looking for something else:

Take a look at figure 3.5

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I got it - thank you.

Reply to
FC

Here are some references I worked with:

R. Feder et. al., Journ. Vac. Sci. Tech. 12, 1332 (1975).

N. Samoto et. al., Journ. Vac. Sci. Tech. B1, 1367 (1983).

A. N. Broers, IBM J. Res. Develop. 32, 502 (1988).

A. Majumdar et. al., Appl. Phys. Lett. 61, 2293 (1992).

T. Nakasugi et. al., Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 41, 4157 (2002).

Reply to
Fred Chen