Tankless Water heaters for heating molds in Injection Molding

Hello,

I am trying to develop a down and dirty, quick and easy way to make a thermolator for a short run mold.

The requirement calls for a heated front half of mold, and we only have chilled or tower water available to plumb the mold. I really don't want to go to the expense of buying a thermolator for the shop, because we don't hardly run engineering plastics. Sure, I could buy a used unit, but this idea is really getting the brain crunching.

Has anyone tried to use one of those hotel-type under-the-sink mini water heaters to heat the water going to the molds?

I want to try the concept. From what I have gathered from the websites, I will have a small amount of water flow, and I can run the electric unit off of 110V household current. From a practical standpoint, it sounds as if it may work. But I would like to get some feedback from the local Injection Molders as to what their opinions would be.

Many Thanks,

Craig

Reply to
plasticformer