Anyone want to quote injection molded parts?

It's amazing, given the sad state of American molders and mold makers, that I can't get people to respond to my RFQs. Seems like they're just not interested in quantities of just a hundred or two thousand a year. Anyone know of a molder / mold maker who is RESPONSIVE and would be interested in quoting some parts? My client really wants to go American with the molder at least, if not the mold-maker also. I'm running into all sorts of brick walls. It's not a matter of getting "no quote" responses . . . it's a matter of getting zero responses, and I'm not going to twist someone's arm who isn't responsive. Don't want to even deal with people like that.

'Sporky'

Reply to
Sporkman

Spork

I got your guys

LeVic Plastics Inc

4003 east 137th Terrace Grandview MO 64030 1-800-231-1232

Ask for Lance Burton;

These guys specialize in short run tooling and production. We've been using them for over a decade. They use Solidworks, so native files are better.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Reply to
Sporkman

remy martin

Check out Caro-Polymers in Bessemer City,NC. They specialize in short-to-mid run injection molding. If you're still in Charlotte, then they're really close as well. They have helped us out a bunch on low volume parts. Tell Curtis that Mike from Nautilus sent you. Their phone is 704-629-5319

Mike Morris

Reply to
mikewmorris

Hi Sporky, Just a matter of getting a hold of the right people.

If you need some help call: Russ Arkplastics LLC Horicon, WI

920-485-0456
Reply to
Russ

Look up Bilsons in Milwaukee, WI.

Reply to
That70sTick

There's always protomold.com for really small quantities. They're really a prototype house, but those quantities are really right up their alley.

They have a really cool automated quote system, too.

Reply to
That70sTick

Spoky,

I can pretty much guarantee that if you contact any of the following they will respond quickly:

Mickey Moore PTI

810-263-5100

Larry Armstrong Dynamic Plastics

919-467-2214 snipped-for-privacy@luptons.com

Bill Bennett snipped-for-privacy@ptacorp.com

PTA Corp

Susan Maas Protomold

763-479-7062 snipped-for-privacy@protomold.com

I've had experience with all of these. I can suggest more, if these guys can't help you, let me know and I'll send more.

Happy Hunt> It's amazing, given the sad state of American molders and mold

makers,

American

Reply to
Montie

Reply to
Sporkman

Reply to
Sporkman

"quantities of just a hundred or" stands out on a quick scan.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

You wrote "Seems like they're just not interested in quantities of just a hundred or two thousand a year".

Which can also be interpreted as 100 pieces to 2,000 pieces per year. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Ahh, I guess you're right. I went back to read it again, but I still didn't read it that way although I see now that one can read it like that. I guess my sarcasm (JUST a hundred or two thousand . . .") got me in trouble there. Thanks for pointing that out.

People, I'm talking fairly large quantities here (at least, the way I see it), which is why I'm mystified about molders not responding to my RFQs.

'Sporky'

Reply to
Sporkman

Spork,

Sure had me goin there,,,

So you want class "A" tooling ?? Whats the projected product life ??

Product lifecycles are so short these days that alot of manufacturers are going to aluminum tooling for production. If you don't need millions of parts, it can be alot more cost effective. A million good parts from an aluminum tool isn't that hard to do, unless the material has alot of glass in it. Mostly it's in the way a molder handles the tool. You can't go digging a stuck part out with a screw driver for instance.

Most of the class "A" houses I know are out here. There's a couple in particular I can guarantee will quote your parts. It is a long way off though. Let me know if you're interested

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Hi,

If you are still looking for names, contact Peter Lawrence at Sonolite Plastics, Gloucester, MA. 978-281-0664. These guys have been there for over 30 years, do all sorts of quantities (they make short run government stuff to millions of parts; they make douche and enema tip nozzles by the millions!). They also have an expert toolmaker by the name of Clayton Carncross, Simple Tool Company (978-281-0684). Clay is an exceptional tool maker. He's the go to guy when you want

+0/-.0001 parts.

If you decide you can do this in China, let me know, I have a guy there that does beautiful tooling as well as great parts. Let me know and I can put you in contact.

Tell them Mike Tripoli sent you (I've known these guys for over 20 years, they'll take care of you).

Mike Tripoli

Reply to
Mike Tripoli