Thermoforming Temps

In light of some of the technical questions that have been answered in this forum, I have a rather simple one. What is the temperature that one must heat PVC sheet to in order to thermoform it. I am working on a "proof of concept" type piece and we want to make a rudimentary ("bodged", cobbled together, Mc Givered") part. Thanks in advance Greg Postma

Reply to
Greg Postma

It all depends, especially with PVC.

PVC is commonly plasticized with one or more plasticizers. The are hundreds of plasticizers to choose from, and the choice will impact greatly the softening temperature of the PVC as well and viscosity.

The best bet is to contact the supplier of the PVC for advice, as they will be most familiar with its composition and processing properties John

Reply to
john.spevacek