UV-Curable Fire Retardant Polymers

Hi,

My name's Glenn. I'm a formulator looking for uv-curable fire retardant polymers that can be used to coat metal or wood. Do you make such coatings or know of someone/someplace that does?

Many thanks for any information you can provide. :-)

Glenn

Reply to
glennallen2001

Hi Glenn,

Are you headed to Charlotte for e|5 (RadTech) trade show? As far as I know, about the only thing done on this front is a few people (Schenectady International? maybe others) have made epoxy diacrylates from brominated bisphenol A, with mediocre (F1, at best) results. You might find something new at the trade show...

We had something interesting at Zeon Tech, once upon a time. A UV curable interstitial gel (for fiber optics), which was self-extinguishing, using an additive technology (can't remember what). The physicals of the product (and its handling) were horrible, but the flames went out (for the product... and it's market. ;-). You might want to call Richard Zopf (my dear ol' dad) and ask about this.

Zeon Technologies, Inc (704) 599-5770

Regards R. David Zopf Tech Applications Bomar Specialties Co. www/bomarspecialties.com

860.379.7748
Reply to
David Zopf