what melamine overlay paper is made of?

hi I want to design my own melamine overlay paper for dinnerware, but nobody in my area knows or is not willing to give info on how this is done. I do not want to put the design on the finished products of melamine. I want to do this when the melamine powder is under the press and being shaped. I do not know which kind of paper is used, which kind of print method is done and which kind of post print or coating is applied onto the prints.

Reply to
sm_ghavi