why is PA not melting in a oven

Hi

My problem is as followed:

I want to melt a small injection moulded PA part in an oven. This part is positioned on glass plate (both in the oven.

My problem: The PA is not melting. It's just getting brown. Thermal degradation I think. To melt PA do I need higher pressure or faster warm up?

Thanks

Philipp

Reply to
Philipp Hammer

What's the temperature you use? I think you can dry PA first at lower temperature, ex. 80=B0C, vacuum oen will be better.=20 Then melt it at high temperature.

Reply to
luo.henry

Which PA?

Vacuum or nitrogen oven would be best, heck even a steam blanket.

If it is nylon 6 or nylon 66 oxygen will do you in unless you use what I have suggested above.

Would dissolving it work for your purpose?

Reply to
Joseki