Latest threads in ⚗ Polymers Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PQ-PMMA modeling.
Hello, I work in holography recording gratings in PMMA. To achieve a photosensitive material first I prepare the samples from liquid MMA + AIBN + PQ (phenanthraquinone) in a very rustic mold that is...
2
2

Looking for a Rotomoldable soft TPE og other material
Hi Group Im loking for a rotomoldable TPE-like material The requirements will be Must be roto moldable Soft- A shore A around 35 Must be sutable for coloring og be avilible in colors Must be availible...
1
1

PVA
Can anyone tell me what is added to childrens type washable PVA glue to make it water it has dried. Please
3
3

Teflon AF
Is Teflon AF film available anywhere as an off-the-shelf product?
4
4

Postdoctoral Position in Polymerization at U.S. DOE's ORNL
Postdoctoral Position in Polymerization Chemical Sciences Division Oak Ridge National Laboratory Oak Ridge, Tennessee ORNL07-43-CSD Project Description: Synthesize polymers and block copolymers using...

"Fantastic plastic"
I just got hold of some of this, it softens in boiling water but is very hard and rigid when cold, like nylon - it's used for cnc modeling and the like. eg Does anyone know what it is made of? Melts...

Big globe in perspex?
Does anyone know where I can get an eight or ten foot diameter hollow perspex globe? $10k's available, but not $100k's ..
6
6

HTPB
What is the normal industrial process for making HTPB ( hydroxy terminated polybutadiene)? ie is it emulsion, solution etc. Reaction conditions , temperature etc. glass lined reactors? is it made in...
4
4

Polymer manufacturers in USA - add yourself
Here an open list of polymer manufacturers. It is based on wiki tech - so you add an additional onformation there us today! http://plastics.inwiki.org/Polymer_manufacturers_in_USA
2
2

fatty acid emulsifiers for ABS
I'm using two different type of emulsifiers for my ABS polymerization process. One emulsifier is based on palm oil fatty acid type and the other is palm KERNEL based. The impact strength of ABS...
3
3

Polymer Testing Lab in UK
Best prices with UKAS accreditation in Europe. Accelerated Weathering Laboratory (AWL) Ltd Berkeley House BSS South Marston South Marston Park Swindon SN3 4TG AWL are experts in accelerated weathering...

Do Phenolic Polymers Craze
Hi there, I'm desperately trying to figure out which micromechanisms of failure occur in phenolic polymers. Do the exhibit crazing? Shear yielding? or other? Any help most appreciated! G

Beyer_Microcellular foam of PE
Hallo... I am interested to produce a microcellular foam with PE by extrusion (not injection moulding), but the first trials were not successful. Any "practical" person who can help me with concrete...
2
2

Analysis polybrominated biphenyls(PBBS) in polymer
Dear everyone Is there anyone who have a method of PBBS analysis in polymer by GC/ MS? Please inform me the method. Thank you
2
2

about structural joint
Hello everyone, I need help: I've to connect aluminum and/or glass-reinforced plastic panel to form a box. I've try silicon to give a water resistance, but with mechanical solicitations an UV...
3
3