Material Selection

Not an engineer or scientist just small business owner trying to make a part.

Application: Oral fixture to clamp over teeth. Not dental or medical (currently) so FDA is not issue. Componets of the part will act as clamps over teeth so some flexibility is required, I expect a 1mm clamp wall to flex a max of 25 degrees. Part will not be used for more than 2 hours per usage. Part will be injection molded.

Desired characteristics: Non-toxic, odorless, tasteless, flexible yet rigid, low water abortion (if this poses an issue) common and easily found plastic.

I was heading down the path of a polyamide 66 with glass filler, but would really like some expert opinions.

Sorry for the crude specs, but any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
rmartin929