acad-iges

Hi all guys, Tell me that acad dwg files converted to pro e files.

I'm pretty sure you can directly open acad drawings with pro/e then save it as a pro/e drawing. It turns the whole thing into a bunch of draft entities, no parametrics.
--
David Janes

Hi David,
i want to convert 3d solid model of acad dwg into proe solid model. not as a drawing file.ok..
David Janes wrote:

Export as *.sat (double check export units), *.igs or *.stp (if the translators are present). Acad can create entity types (3D mesh reps, etc.) that are not supported by one or more of those translators so you may still have some problems to iron out.
Dass wrote:

Dass,
I've been doing what you are trying to do with one exception ... I have a seat of Mechanical Desktop. You can export as STEP, IGES etc. If STEP does not work, then I try IGES, if IGES does not work, it's desperation time. I recently converted an AutoCAD drawing to a VRML file (it was fairly complex geometry), the ONLY thing that would work (tessellated).
Good Luck!
Paul
We ask our suppliers for 2D geometry in CGM format, as it falls apart much less than dxf.