acad-iges

Hi all guys, Tell me that acad dwg files converted to pro e files.

Reply to
Dass

I'm pretty sure you can directly open acad drawings with pro/e then save it as a pro/e drawing. It turns the whole thing into a bunch of draft entities, no parametrics.

Reply to
David Janes

Hi David,

i want to c> > "Dass" wrote

Reply to
Dass

Export as *.sat (double check export units), *.igs or *.stp (if the translators are present). Acad can create entity types (3D mesh reps, etc.) that are not supported by one or more of those translators so you may still have some problems to iron out.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Dass,

I've been doing what you are trying to do with one exception ... I have a seat of Mechanical Desktop. You can export as STEP, IGES etc. If STEP does not work, then I try IGES, if IGES does not work, it's desperation time. I recently converted an AutoCAD drawing to a VRML file (it was fairly complex geometry), the ONLY thing that would work (tessellated).

Good Luck!

Paul

Reply to
wildfeuer

We ask our suppliers for 2D geometry in CGM format, as it falls apart much less than dxf.

Reply to
John Wade