Centroid of a Surface?

Is their a way to measure centroid location for a surface in ProE?

Dave

Reply to
dgp

: wrote : Is their a way to measure centroid location for a surface in ProE? : I'm sure you tried a bunch of 'Analysis>Model Analysis' stuff and came up empty handed. For no reason I know of, Pro/e is unable to analyze even the surface area or volume of a volume fully enclosed by surface. So, I have often seen recommended (and use myself) the dumbass workaround of creating a thin protrusion out of the surface (how depends on your software rev). Give this a material or at least a density and Mass Props works. With a watertight surface, you could also make it a solid and get the required info the usual way. Hopefully, someone has a better way (like rubbing PTC's nose in some better, easier, cheaper functionality in SolidWorks which seems to get their attention, when nothing else will). Or, maybe there's some box we haven't checked to make the magic happen.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes