Wildfire Trial Version?

Is there anywhere an out-of-work ProE guy could get his hands on a Wildfire 2 trial version CD (the ones they pass out in PTC class)? I would like to keep up on all the enhancements and train for my next job.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Art

Reply to
nofear_xx

You can find these on eBay.

Good luck. I recently had a job interview in which my primary function would be to coordinate and write specifications for contract mechanical engineers in India. And I thought only support and software jobs were at risk of being outsourced.

-jk

Reply to
jk

: wrote : Is there anywhere an out-of-work ProE guy could get his hands on a : Wildfire 2 trial version CD (the ones they pass out in PTC class)? I : would like to keep up on all the enhancements and train for my next : job. : Have you thought about or investigated the SE of Pro/e? If you're enrolled in a JC, you can get it for about $200, or $300 otherwise (personal use license). The educational version is comparable to the Foundation license, with Mechanica thrown in. It includes the following:

There's actually quite a bit, and the only restriction is that you can't use it with the professional version (file incompatibility). But, it comes with a lot of resources, plus, the JC should have update training provided by PTC and their educational license that is provided to every school that integrates Pro/e into an engineering curriculum.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Welcome to the world of outsourcing, like engineers have been telling us in the manufacturing world, you will have to lower your expected wages, and what you charge, to match the prices charged overseas. if you still want to work, sure sucks don't it. We in manufacturing have been dealing with this for 20 years. Its only going to get worse as long as fair trade isn't fair. Until China and other countries have to follow the same rules we do..i.e. OSHA, EPA, and almost all the labor laws.

Sorry for the short rant..but outsourcing is killing my industry in the U.S. and I have a sore spot about it.

P.S. my spell checker caught the miss-spelling of outsourcing...LOL

Ken Toolmaker.

Reply to
Ken