N-sided option on Boundary

Has PTC included the N-sided boundary option in Wildfire's Boundary
Blend tool or anywhere else in the new interface.
The N-sided patch didn't really work for 2001 and previous versions. I
want to know if Wildfire has improved on it, or that you can do
n-sided patches using some other feature in WildFire.
Mark
Reply to
Mark Biasotti
: Has PTC included the N-sided boundary option in Wildfire's Boundary : Blend tool or anywhere else in the new interface. : The N-sided patch didn't really work for 2001 and previous versions. I : want to know if Wildfire has improved on it, or that you can do : n-sided patches using some other feature in WildFire. : : Mark
No, Mark, it's not in the boundary blend tool, per se. It's in 'Insert>Advanced>Conic and N-Sided'. Whether it actually works or not is another matter. Very poorly documented features. What are they actually supposed to do? I've taken surfacing, advanced surfacing, isdx (all PTC courses) and never ran into a description, much less an example, of what these things look like or what you do with them or what problem they are supposed to solve. Maybe I'm supposed to pay them more money, and more money, and just keep feeding nickels into the slot, for them to tell me what I should be able to find out from the Help files, i.e., what do you use an n-sided or conic surface for? what does one look like?
Well, they're in there. Maybe you can find someone to explain how they work. I've never been able to figure them out and I do a lot of surfacing work. I'd sure like to know. And, no, I don't want to pay another five or ten grand a year to find out that it's something I don't need. I hope PTC gets a clue about this general hustle of theirs, sometime before they see the blinding light ~ just as the train runs them over.
David Janes
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes