Component Connections constraints Flipping at Random!?

This usually happens when I use the repeat function, but I see on many of my connections that the direction flips by itself from it's original position. To get it back to its original orientation, I can do a refresh, but that only works sometimes, what works all the time though is to just to open up the redefine component dialogue in assembly mode, just opening it up does a refresh and sets the direction back to it's original orientation. This gets really annoying because I'm working on hydraulic excavator for a school project and the amount of connections really slows down design into a snails pace, every time I try to re-orient a flipped part, I have to wait while Pro-E checks all the connections, which takes about 10-15 seconds on my system. So does anybody know the possible reasons why connections (like pin) keep flipping over and over again, even though when I open them up in the redefine dialogue they orient just fine.

Thanks

Reply to
XNP

Bug in the software? Seems that if, when you originally make the connections, you deliberately do the flip direction (and back, if necessary), it stays connected and oriented properly. Seems something gets set that doesn't get set with the default. There's no 'official' reason why you'd have to do this, but it seems to work.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes