Can half views be redefined?

In my case I mistakenly deleted the datum that controlled the halfway point. It seems there's no way to redefine it for that case or for when you set it going the wrong way.

It's as though you have to change to full view and back again to half.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Mike Singer

: "Mike Singer" wrote : In my case I mistakenly deleted the datum that controlled the halfway point. : It seems there's no way to redefine it for that case or for when you set it : going the wrong way. : : It's as though you have to change to full view and back again to half. : You're absolutely right! When the view loses the datum reference that makes is show as a half view, it just looks like a full view. But the loss of that reference doesn't do what might seem obvious, to change the definition of the view to full. So, yes, to get it to actually be what it looks like, you have to do 'Properties>View type>Full view' then 'View type>Half view' and switch it back to get the menus for picking references AND flipping the direction. It's what you get with the old style 'Action/Object' oriented way of defining things where the definition doesn't depend on the references. The definition is all set up then you go through and select references. That's the thing which previously made it impossible to redefine a protrusion as a cut or vice versa. Even in WF and WFII, not much work has beendone to incorporate the new 'Object/Action' functionality into drawing mode which makes it still the most backward functionality in Pro/e.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes