MEMOFIX ?

Any ideas as to what the MEMOFIX switch is for on a Heidenhain DRO fitted to a Bridgy ?

I half thought it might stop the power feed at a pre determined point......... Wrong !!

Reply to
Emimec

It aids recovery from a power failure or other loss of reference datum. Switch it off first and then set your zero datum point on all axes. switch it on and then wind off in either direction towards the end of the scale. At some pre-determined point on the scale the display will freeze. Write down this number for all axes.

If you lose the datum, switch on memofix, wind until past the point that the display freezes, set the number you wrote down, switch off memofix and wind back until the display counts again and you have your datum back.

I rarely use it apart from the type of job where you end up machining away the datum point. Otherwise if the datum point still exists, it is almost easier to use an edge find to reset the datum in the normal way.

HTH

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin