Data from SICK IVP [ivc 3D]

Hi, I'm not familiar with the data output of this volume measuring device. Has anyone experience of this, in particular is it possible to import into proe as an underlay? I know there are better ways of digitising but this particular client already has this as part of their inspection line and need to reverse engineer a number of samples. thanks

Reply to
kenny

Hi, I'm not familiar with the data output of this volume measuring device. Has anyone experience of this, in particular is it possible to import into proe as an underlay? I know there are better ways of digitising but this particular client already has this as part of their inspection line and need to reverse engineer a number of samples. thanks Sorry, I'm not familiar with this particuar device. But, judging by what they do, which is differencing the manufactured part with some ideal representation, they need to be comparing models. Maybe you need REXX, the Reverse Engineering Extension add-on, to do this? This can construct surfaces from point clouds, depending on the format of the data. If you have large data files with XYZ coordinates in them, it would be able to construct curves/surfaces from this data. The main thing that would help to decide what you need is what format the data from this camera is output in.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes