pdf plot from ProE

We have a problem plotting large drawings to pdf as we want to be abpe to plot elseware.

Is there anyone with a stabile and good solution

kind regards

Kjeld Andersen

Reply to
Kjeld Andersen

Be nice if you shared with us your actual problem! So far, this message is contentless: "help, we have a problem". We can't get very far knowing you have a problem but not knowing what it is. Could you try this again, with some detail ~ that doesn't require mind reading. "I tried to print, it doesn't work" is not sufficient. In fact, i'm going to sleep as we speeeek

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

I guess you want to make pdfs out of your pro drawings? I still use adobe acrobat writer 5 - there are copies on ebay for about

15 euros - and it works perfectly - it mounts as a printer, (make sure you print to 'acrobat distiller') and writes pdfs to whatever directory you nominate.
Reply to
John Wade

Hi Kjeld, You can always try plotting to a Postscript printer, and then running the .ps file through Ghostscript to produce a pdf. Ghostscript is free & often produces a better pdf than Distiller. If you need help with this, contact me & we can discuss it.

Regards, Steve Borland (ex Cascade)

Reply to
Steve Borland

I use PDFCreator, free. In my opinion it performs better than Adobe.

Konrad

Reply to
KA

To summarize what everyone has said so far, there are numerous ways to create PDFs of large format drawings, involving either Adobe Distiller or some front end to Ghostscript and no one reports any problem printing PDFs to smaller size sheets. Since Acrobat (and the PostScript it is based on) is device independent and the vector data it contains is readily scalable, there should be no problem getting an A0 drawing to print on an A4 sheet. It should be especially simple as ISO sizes preserve a nearly identical aspect ratio from one size to the next (between .704 & .707). All that's usually required is to uncheck the box that says "Choose Paper Source by PDF page size", then go into the Properties of the printer and select the smaller paper size. If you're already doing this, then it's a complete mystery why Adobe Reader wouldn't be able to print to any size sheet the printer is capable of printing to. PDF does, after all, mean Portable Document Format.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes