NAS, Vault and file management

Dear All,

I know ths topic comes up a fair bit, but I'd like an overview if possible! We currently have a NAS drive with all our data on it, organised by client then project then software then revision, so we can find all the photoshop files for a particular job for example.

Currently our revision management is VERY manual, and probably relies a bit on this being a small company where we can ask the person next to us wher the latest file is etc. We've worked out a system to keep our Solidworks files reasonably well managed, with release issues and active issues of files, which means we can step back to the last release if need be.

We run Microsoft Server 2003 to keep our Domain in check, but as I said before our files are on a ReadyNAS device. We also have a mixed environment of Windows and Mac machines.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a PDM system that could easily manage all that data, Photoshop, Solidworks, Studio Max etc, including revisions and other such data without costing the earth?

Many thanks in advance!

Lee CSWP

Reply to
lee baz