PDM works advice

So I need to familiarize myself with PDM works. I have seen demos, but it has been a while. I have avoided PDM systems for years, as I found
them very restrictive as an independant conceptual designer, but I now suport several multi-user customers, and need to become conversant and expert in PDM works. I understand the basic concept of PDM.
Where/how would you suggest familiarizing myself with PDM works? Our dealer wants to come do a demo, but I would like to understand as much as possible before that happens.
clay

Search this group for "PDMworks" and get 2000+ hits and "search by date" and browse the notes for lots of notes on issues to deal with, including limitations.
Solid Professor has a $150 DVD on PDMWorks that has to be fairly cost efficient for getting up to speed, far more than a demo would ever do.
Bo
If you read the advice from some previous posts, the mesage is "don't go there"!
John H

It looks like Clay may be required to use PDM Works because some client/customers use it and he doesn't have a choice in whether he gets along with PDMWorks or not.
Hence, reading some of the prior posts in this Newsgroup will at least give him a heads up on PDMWorks' quirks & limitations, as he "must go there", at least sometimes.
Bo

experience has been positive. For the money, it gives basic data management. We have about 15 users that have access to the vault with various levels of read/write access. It allows us put files into project folders then move then move them to different projects/folders while maintaining references, which is a tricky thing when trying to do this with windows explorer. It allows renaming of files as well and keeps the references. It lets you maintain complete history of changes, also. The downside is the check in/check out process will slow you down some; but that is probably true with any PDM system.
Our VAR provided all the training we needed to get started and really, it is so basic not much training is needed. They also setup all our files in the vault. I don't think you will need SolidProfessor training to get going. There is a PDMWorks tutorial in your SolidWorks Help that should give you an overview. Hope this helps.