PDM Works Workgroup 2008 and exporting PDF Files

PDM Works Workgroup 2008 and exporting PDF Files

Hi All, OK i'm having a little bo-peep at PDM Works Workgroup 2008 to see how this PDF Feature thing works as i thought all my Christmases come at once when i read there was automatic PDF creation on drawing check-in! I have managed to get it to create the PDF files for drawings on check-in. Great (i thought). Now how the hell does one go about extracting all these PDF files seems they do not show up as selectable/visible attachments to the drawings in the vault? Surely i don't have to right click each SW Drwaing file and "view as PDF" to get it to simply copy the already- created PDF files out of the vault so i can send to where ever? This has driven me crazy. Yet ANOTHER half arsed feature proudly brought to you by SolidWorks Corporation! I will gladly take that comment back if it is just me that has overlooked something (highly likely given my frustration!). But having said that, SW Corp are still the masters at giving us half baked "features". /rant on NOTE: I have tried the exporting PDF with the so called SW Explorer. It is the most painful, 1996 based supplementary utility i have ever seen. Not only have i NEVER been able to get that peice of crap to WORK successfully at all to do ANY of the things its meant to, but its also painfully slow and seemingly the most 'brute force' way of doing things. Am i really in the year 2008 with version 2008 software and its written like that?!? Was it created by an apprentice.... no... a trainee programmer at SW Corp and they decided to throw it in or something?!? The stupid program (for want of a more degrading term!) starts up and shuts down an instance of SW every time it has to create something like a PDF or DWG! Hell if thats how it wants to do it i could do it myself QUICKER and save all that program startup-shut down time AND be able to use SW for something else while i'm doing it! Thats if the stupid thing would actually work and not just error out with no clue as ot what actually went wrong. /rant off

Yours Painfully, DWH

Reply to
Anonymous

DBWorks has had this function working correctly for years......

Reply to
harry

BUMP

Hm So i'm the only one in the NG that uses PDMWorks Workgroup 2008, creates PDFs of drawings, and the new "Create PDFs On Drawing Import" feature? :P

-DWH

Reply to
Anonymous