PDM problems

Has anyone else had the problem of not being able to see files in the Vault after checking them in. I called my VAR today because I thought I was losing my mind. He called SWX and apparently this is a major problem with no fix yet. Hmmmmm....Seems like I have been having all sorts of problems since

2004. Jake Barron
Reply to
Jake Barron

"Jake Barron" wrote in news:iHZlb.27729$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.tampabay.rr.com:

Can you be more specific about this? I've been dealing with PDMW04 a lot, and I haven't seen any problems of this sort. How did you upgrade your vault?

matt

Reply to
matt

Reply to
kellnerp

We are running SW2004 here and this past week, I signed a part and drawing into PDMWorks. The drawing went into a different project than the part. The shortcut for the drawing was created but the drawing was not in the correct project. I deleted the file from PDMWorks and signed both files into the same project. Then I changed the project for the drawing and everything was fine. I'm glad we're not the only ones having files disappear on us.

-Erik

Reply to
Erik

The tech support from our VAR installed everything when I was on vacation. Apparently Solidworks KNOWS of this problem and I have heard that some customers have actually sent their Hard Drives to SWX corp to retrieve the files. They are still there, but you cannot see them in the vault. The only way I can retrieve them is to actually click on the link to the SLDDRW file that is under the solidmodel that it represents. We store our drawings in a different folder from the actual model parts to have a cleaner directory. But they sure are missing :) Jake Barron P.S. Had no problems with this activity in 2003 :)

Reply to
Jake Barron

Reply to
kellnerp

I have had a great deal of problems when migrating to PDM 2004 from PDM2001 BUT I have a solution. The solution is that I have had to write a Visual Basic utility that goes into the PDM Works vault and fixes it. I have found that all of the data is there but that some of the "pdmw" text files needed to be edited.

If you find that you need assistance with this, let me know.

Doug

Reply to
Doug