Problems with mating parts.

I am having a heck of a bad time selecting surfaces to mate parts. I have all filters off and half the time it wont let me pick specific surfaces. What the heck is going on here. Never had this problem with 2004 or 2003. I am working with models that were created in 2004 and translated. All of a sudden Im having these really idiotic problems that I havnt had in years. Another bug????....Jake Barron

Reply to
Jake

Another thing I just noticed. If I clear all my filters, as soon as I hit the mate command, certain filters come on automatically. And one is face. Now how do they expect you to mate a face to face if the filter comes on like this?? Jake Barron

Reply to
Jake

I did a fresh reload after cleaning out registry and all folders. Seems to be doing much better now. Knock on wood :) Jake Barron

Reply to
Jake

Jake,

Seems to be 2005 is subject to flaky installs. I had a problem where editing an existing explode step would send me to the desktop instantly. It didn't matter what assembly or part, Pooof ! every time.

This may have something to do with 2005 picking up all the settings of an existing 2004 installation, and applying them during installation.

Anyway, I just deleted the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Solidworks\Solidworks 2005" key and that fixed it.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Jake,

I have a SPR on this very issue in SW2004. I don't know if it was fixed in SW2005.

A workaround on this issue is to NOT use the "clear filters" button to clear your filters. Instead, manually de-select each of the filters from the filter toolbar and the filters should not turn themselves back on.

Reply to
Seth Renigar